Thursday, July 11, 2013


Can’t believe this week is nearly over! Crazy! Thank you for all your prayers, God has really blessed this week! Every morning this week I have been able to have quiet time in God’s Word and enjoy His Presence. God has been showing me a lot during that time and I have been falling more and more in love with my Lord. Also in the mornings I have English Class with Tia Cecilia. It has truly brought us closer together and we are teaching each other a lot. God just tears down the communication barrier and whenever we have trouble understanding each other, we are both very patient. I am so thankful for the time with her. In the afternoons I have been working around the House of Hope and using my cleaning and organizing skills. I’m glad I can use my skills to help out the House of Hope in different ways.
Today I got to go to the street market with Tia Cecilia and it was a fun experience seeing all the different things people sell. I only was able to take one picture; when everyone started looking weirdly at me and my camera, I got nervous and didn’t want to risk anything! Once we got back from the market Lilo and I made lunch…sloppy joes! What an adventure! We had to improvise using steak-like meat, but it was fun learning together! I learned a lesson of my own…when cooking in Chile, make sure you have plenty of food. A typical American sloppy joe, chips, and jello meal is not enough for a Chilean lunch! My plans keep changing for this weekend so we will see what God has planned! I have learned to just let go and ask God to show me His ways. I can’t wait to tell you all about it and show you pictures soon! Miss and love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allison!!

    I've been reading you're posts and it's so exciting to read all about your interesting experiences! I'm glad to read that you are learning a lot, having fun, but also trusting in God when in difficult situations. It's very encouraging to read, and I can't wait to hear more when you get back!!

    We Miss You!!

    Love,

    Kinsey

    ReplyDelete