Thursday, July 25, 2013


I wanted to write one last post before this journey comes to an end. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity and can’t believe it has gone by so fast. It seems just like yesterday I was in a coffee shop with Rachael and Julianna, talking about our dreams for 2013. Psalm 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Never did I think a few months later I would be in Chile serving God. God does crazy, amazing things! Thank you everyone for all your prayers and encouraging words. Thank you dearly for all the letters I received these past two months! Thank you for supporting me in this journey and walking with me in it. You all mean so much to me and I can’t wait to give you all a big Chilean hug soon!
God has taught me so much and I’m grateful my spiritual journey won’t come to an end, but will keep growing as I leave Chile. The time spent at the school, with the girls at the House of Hope, and most importantly with God has truly changed my life. There have been so many wonderful memories made and friendships built that will last a lifetime. As I look back at all the many things God has taught me, one thing stands out….I have fallen deeper in love with God. 1 John 3:1, “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.” God’s love for us is far beyond anything we can imagine. He is our only satisfaction that can truly fulfill us.
Oh how I pray that you know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. He has an amazing plan for you and you just need to open your heart and trust Him! He loves you more than anyone ever could. Never forget that! Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.” I love you all so much and can’t wait to see you soon! I should be heading out of Chile around 8:30 tomorrow night and get back to Iowa around 10:30 a.m. Thank you so much for walking with Jesus and me on this Chilean journey. ¡Chow!

1 comment:

  1. I will miss reading your posts Allison, but cant wait to have you near us again...I love you so much and am so proud of you following God's plan to go to Chile, I never imagined this trip would be what God would want our little girl to do, but somehow our little girl has grown into this wonderful godly young woman and I cant even begin to imagine what God has in store for you next. Love you so much and see you soon! Mom

    ReplyDelete