Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!


 
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day today! It was a day full of blessings and memories. I took Paulina, who is leaving Saturday for winter break, out for the day. I got to see her college and experience the hour long public transportation ride to get there. Could not do that every day! Then we went to the largest mall in Chile to eat lunch...5 levels! Paulina picked Pizza Hut, so we shared an Italian pizza which was very similar in taste to the United States. We got to sit outside while eating and chatting away with a beautiful view of the city of Santiago. After some pizza we had a craving for something sweet so Paulina tried her first Berry Smoothie and I tried my first Chilean Churro. The churro was by far better than Taco Johns’…manjar (the Chilean “caramel” sauce) in the middle and dipped in chocolate! Then we were off to another hour long ride home.
Today it was one of the girls’ birthday at the House of Hope so we were planning a surprise birthday party for her tonight. Along with that everyone surprised me with celebrating the 4th of July! Everything was in red, white, and blue with American flags and a common American cookout meal…hamburgers, chips, fried onion rings, and cake! On top of that someone sang the Star Spangled Banner for me! It was one 4th of July that I will always remember!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day, Allie. We missed you. We spent a few hours in Underwood and did the parade. I think Nate cried when Julianna asked him if he missed you so bad and if he was going to the airport to pick you up : ). Ha.Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good fourth of July, looks like the girls and you are building some wonderful relationships. These moments with them, will always be in your hearts. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Ally girl! You are in my heart and my prayers! Your posts encourage me so much. <3 Rachael

    ReplyDelete