Tuesday, May 28, 2013




¡Lluvia lluvia! Rain rain! It has been raining in Santiago nonstop for two days! All the schools in Santiago were closed today because of flooding, so no teaching for me.  I never knew schools would close because of rain! You can’t cross streets because the water is knee high so these men have carts to carry people across streets. I haven’t gotten the chance to ride in one yet, but I think that would be a fun and wet experience! The rain kept everyone inside today and we all had a relaxing time together just hanging out. We attempted to make sopapillas, but they turned out as donuts! My mom would be so proud!

I had a lot of quiet time today also which I needed. In 1 Corinthians 2:9 it says, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.” That verse was so comforting to me today and knowing that what God wants to do in all our lives, our minds have never conceived. His plan for me is far better than mine could ever be. So many times I think I know what is going on and what’s next, but then something unexpected happens. Those are the times when I try to keep pulling on the reigns, but rather I need to just let go, step out in faith and trust God and His plans. I get worn out if I try to keep everything going according to my plans. So why not let go of my plans and trust God’s, He knows what is best for me anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those donuts look so yummy! We should make those for the daycare when you get home. Wow, that is a lot of rain. Sometimes the rain is a gift from God so we do just relax and listen. Love you my dear, keep up the positive attitude and don't let the rain get to you. Experience it with pure Joy from God. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening to the rain outside my window and it is a blessing to just take time to enjoy these small pleasures in life. You are doing a fantastic job! God's Blessings to you, Allison.

    ReplyDelete