Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Made it to Santiago safely! It has been a crazy day for sure. I was able to find Tio Daniel easily, praise the Lord! Before we got to the House of Hope he took me around the town, La Pinta, which is the poorest and worst place to live in Chile according to Chileans. Trash is everywhere, no grass like the Midwest, the homes look like jail cells, and hundreds of dogs searching for food. Then we turned the corner and there was this house that looked like heaven compared to everything else. It was the House of Hope! It is near the school, orphange, and C&MA church. It is sure a blessing in this little town. I am getting bits and pieces listening to spanish conversations, but I am learning that I have to make mistakes to get better at spanish. Otherwise I can't join conversations and build friendships. This is going to be an adventure! Please pray I will feel 100% physically soon...the 10 hour flight really got to my stomach. Also, please pray for Diana and Megan who are here with me till the beginning of June and will be teaching me things needed to be done when they leave. Thank you for your prayers! Chow!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You made it! :) Day one will be soon be a notable part of "HIS - story" (history, get it?!? - sorry I'm such a nerd!) Think of each moment as a stepping stone. I am quite certain that God will reveal more of Himself to you while you serve in Chile. And each time He does, you will want to stand that stepping stone moment upright as an altar of praise & worship to the One True God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad you made it and love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete