Friday, May 31, 2013


Everyone thank you so much for all your prayers! It means so much to have so many people care and encourage you through this journey. Yesterday I was having a hard time missing home and my family, so I prayed God would just comfort me and fill me with His Presence. He answered my prayer and comforted me tremendously. I really need to concentrate on just BEING instead of looking at how long two months is. Please pray the homesickness would go away a little bit. We had completos for “once” which is the Chilean hotdog! They put the hotdog inside homemade bread with avocado, tomatoes, mayo, ketchup, and mustard on it! It looked scary at first, but tasted pretty amazing!
Today it was raining again and my walk to the school was quite an adventure. Streets were nearly flooded again and on the sidewalks I had to jump, tiptoe, and get my feet drenched! Thankfully one of the girls let me borrow their umbrella and rain jacket, but tennis shoes are not the best here when raining! I got to the street I had to cross and man was I nervous. I could either walk in water up to my knees, try to find a shallow area quite a ways down, or ride the cart the man on the other side of the street had. Well, I had no money so the cart was out of the question and as far as I could see it only got deeper. So, I just kept jumping and praying no cars would come! I quickly got to the other side drenched, feet soaking wet, and the cart man laughing at me! Next time I am bringing money to get across the street in the cart!
Also, today is one of the interns last day and Monday the other one leaves. I have mixed feelings; I am nervous because they were the ones I could go to with any questions, but I am also excited because I think God is going to teach me more with them gone. Please pray for both of their safety as they travel home and please pray my worries won’t overcome me. I love you all so much!!
2 Thess. 3:16 “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. “

6 comments:

  1. I've loved reading all of your posts, Allison! I love completos!! These 2 months will be over before you know it. Your feelings of homesickness remind me of my first semester in Mexico. It took a couple of weeks, and then I was trying to think of ways that I would be able to extend my stay and/or return again! Keep trying to experience all that you can and be sure to take TOO MANY pictures - you can always delete later, but can never go back. :) You know how many vacation pictures I showed you all in class. Ha.

    Take care, be safe and think about how much more fun you're having than the rest of us in Iowa - :)

    Ms. Knott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Knott! I don't want to waste anytime here worrying about how many weeks are left! Pictures....YES...MANY! Oh and thank you for everything in Spanish class...often I have the verb charts in my head when I am communicating and they help so much!!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome encouragement and inspiring to all of us, just BEING all there for each day. We are praying for you and rooting for you and trusting that God is using you each day. Stay encouraged! You are blessed and loved.
    By the way it looks like some great food is available! Did you eat that whole hotdog?
    May the God of peace be your peace.
    Love and prayers from Steve and Kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you both so much! I actually did eat the whole thing! We are going to have to make some homemade bread when I get back and try some :) Love you both! Thank you for being you!

      Delete
  3. Except for the hot dog that sounds pretty tasty. HaHa. Again, I'm so proud of you. Look at you hopping and skipping through puddles, trusting God with every step. What an awesome picture of your unknown and kinda scary journey. And your wisdom. You are learning from your mistakes or the unknowns and making the best choice possible and moving forward!!!! So proud of you. You are going to be more than okay. And the worst of the homesickness is probably over. When you prepare to leave Chile you are going to have pangs of sorrow for leaving a place that has become so close to your heart. Be in Chile, Babe. And if you get homesick, embrace that emotion, feel it, give it to Jesus and Be in Him til it passes. Love you so much, Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! When I first saw the hotdog I wasn't too excited, but once I hid it with the toppings I kind of forgot about it!!! I love you Kelly!!! Don't you forget that when I am gone! Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete