Thursday, May 23, 2013


Today has been better! Yesterday was a hard day emotionally and physically. The biggest culture shock is how much down time there is and how different lifestyle is compared to the United States. In the U.S. we all are on the go one thing after another, but here it is just whatever. I am not used to being able to have multiple hours of quiet time, but it is good! God is really teaching me to solely rely on Him. He is all I need, but I think often I forget that and go to other people instead of Him. In Matthew 6:8 it says, “the Father knows what you need before you ask Him.” How often do we forget that?
I learned a fun Chile fact today…Dinner in Chile is called “once” because a long time ago men would go to the bar before dinner and would get a drink that had 11 letters in it. They wouldn’t get home till really late for dinner and dinner became “once”, pronounced like the number 11 in Spanish!

I start working at the school Monday and tomorrow the other two interns and I will go to a museum to learn about the history of Chile so I will be prepared in that area when I work with kids. We have to take public transportation, the bus, and I am pretty nervous because it is not like our buses in the U.S. and plus I have never rode in public transportation! Tonight I am going to guitar lessons with Megan, another intern to see the school and maybe pick up guitar!

Please pray I would be able to contact some friends in Santiago that my parents met when they were down here. I would like to get together with them and see where my parents were when they went on their mission trip. Also, please pray that I will learn to not be anxious about my schedule and worry what is next. I don’t know my schedule and that is very difficult for me. I like to know things especially what is coming!

2 comments: