Saturday, May 25, 2013

Today we went to an International School in Santiago and helped out at their garage sale. The girls at the House of Hope make and sell lots of things such as earrings, bracelets, and flip flops which they sold today! It was a lot of fun and we had a great view of the mountains the whole time! This picture is just one of many taken today! I got to meet and talk with other college students that were in the National Honor Society who supported the House of Hope in many ways. It was a cool experience and a blessing to see how generous and loving Chilean people are. In Chile there is a lot of segregation between the rich and poor. Just from driving to a different part of Santiago you can see the difference in enironments and culture. In the United States there is still some segregation, but nothing like what is here in Chile. It is just something that needs a lot of prayer.
I got an email from Pamela Palacios today which is an answer to prayer! We are setting dates to meet each other and am so excited! Tomorrow I will be going to the C&MA church next door with some girls and on Monday I will be starting at the school! Please be in prayer about Monday, I am pretty nervous becuase I don't know what to expect or how it will go. Thank you for all your prayers and comments! They are all so encouraging!

Wanted to share this from Jesus Calling- "The world is too much with you, My child. Your mind leaps from problem to problem, tangling your thoughts in anxious knots. When you think like that, you leave Me out of your world-view and your mind becomes darkened. Though I yearn to help, I will not violate your freedom. I stand silently in the background of your mind, waiting for you to remember that I am with you. When you turn from your problems to My Presence, your load is immediatley lighter. Circumstances may not have changed, but we carry your burdens together. Your compulsion to fix everything gives way to deep, satisfying connection with Me. Together we can handle whatever this day brings."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a perfect devotion to share. Love the picture and so glad you had a wonderful day. With God near you, everyday can be a wonderful day! We love and miss you! your family

    ReplyDelete