Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Days are going by faster each day! Monday, Megan, the other intern left and it was hard I have to admit. That night God really showed me how often I rely on other people rather than Him. It is so easy for me to find comfort or satisfaction in someone’s words or presence; it is very dangerous. Of course God kept at it and in my quiet time I read all about finding satisfaction in God! It is really cool when God does those things, even if you don’t appreciate them at first! Isaiah 55:1-2 says “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.”
Every morning I look forward going to the school and just being with the young children! I can’t describe in words how much excitement I get from teaching!! Even though the student’s behavior is often very bad, you have those moments where it all makes it worth it! Please pray for Tia Lucy, who I am teaching with. She gets so frustrated and worn out from the student’s disrespecting her and causing disruptions during class time. I admire her patience when a student just gets up and goes and hits another student for no reason. She is a blessing and a wonderful teacher! This morning I had a horrific sight on my way to school. Every morning I walk past a house that has little puppies in the front yard and for some reason they were out of their fence today. The puppies mom ran across the street and of course one puppy followed. I could see what was going to happen, but it happened to quickly for me to do anything. A driver ran over the puppy’s little leg and it cried helplessly limping back to its’ home. I just started crying because the driver never stopped to see if it was ok and I don’t understand why dogs here in Chile are treated like trash. It made me miss Lizzie even more!
Last night was my first time leading devotional time with the girls. We are going through the book Jesus Calling. It is a little difficult translating what I want to say into Spanish, but the girls are wonderful and patient! After devotional time I spent some time with one of the girls who speaks very good English, Stephanie. We were talking and I asked her what her story/testimony is. God truly blessed our conversation. We just sat together crying, laughing, and telling each other our pasts. Each and every girl here really has a unique story and I hope to get to know each one.
Thank you for praying for the other interns safe travels home! They both made it home safely!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad God took you to such a rich passage! And I'm so sorry you had to see that with the puppy. : (. God saw, too. And even though the dogs are ignored or treated badly, God does care. If He cares about sparrows, knowing when they fall, He cares about puppies. I'm so glad you are able to get to know these girls. You are going to make such an impact and your presence has to help Tia Lucy so much.

    ReplyDelete