Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Hey everyone! I am so sorry I haven’t updated in a while!!! The internet at the House of Hope is awful and when you call an internet company to come fix your problem in Chile, don’t expect them to come when you ask them to.
I can’t believe it is nearly the middle of June already! Time sure flies by! This past weekend I was blessed to be able to go to Los Dominicos, which is a really rich, beautiful, and clean place in Santiago. I stayed with an English speaking family, who supports and helps out with Vision For Chile. It was a nice change to be in a family setting again and be with people from the United States. Three of my favorite things from the weekend…the beautiful view of the city, attending their English speaking church, and eating at a pizza place where you could watch them make the dough and cook your pizza! It was absolutely tasty as well! The scariest moment…I had to ride the metro/subway there and back alone. I know for a fact it was all God because I had no idea where I was going, but God just kept directing my feet and somehow got to where I needed to be. There was one moment I was on the subway and a lot of sentences in Spanish were being said over the speakers, but I had no idea what was being said. The subway stopped like usual and I noticed a ton of people were getting off, more than usual. I looked one way and there was no one else on and I turned the other direction and it was empty as far as I could see. I quickly jumped off and good thing I did because the subway went a ways and then stopped in between walls to be fixed. God is good and always with us! That is all I got to say!
I started an English class yesterday with four girls at the House of Hope! It was a lot of fun just laughing together and building friendships! It is nice having a class where the students are respectful and keep their hands to themselves. I had my weirdest food in Chile also recently…flan. I heard about it in the United States, but never tried it. Not my favorite, but it is edible!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” God has been challenging me with praying continually and asking His Spirit to take charge of the details of each and every day. God never wants us to lose sight of His presence. Thank you so much for praying for my parents! They are back safely and had a blessed trip!

5 comments:

  1. yay you little adventurer you, so glad you are getting more acclimated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun reading about your newest adventure. You will be quite the worldly traveler when you get home. God is using you to bless many. We're so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling as I read your post, Allison :) You are growing in grace & knowledge as you trust in Him. Continue to pour out love all over those school children and the girls at House of Hope! They (and you!) are precious in His sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you,letting God lead your every step! The metro sounds a little scary, but God took care of you and you are letting Him guide you. This is so fun seeing how you are doing every day. We love you and are very proud of you. Mom and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Al! I am at council in Tampa and visiting with the Fugates and Tom Orme and many others from Chile. Tom said he will be down there in a couple of weeks I think. He is looking forward to meeting you. Glad to hear things are going well. Keep up the Espanol!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete