Wednesday, June 26, 2013



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” This verse God kept bringing to my attention and I would just read it and go on to the next thing. Then this morning, with my bible open God led me right back there again. This time I slowed down while reading and that is when I understood. It had the three things God has been laying on my heart the past month. Be joyful always….God has been showing me that He is the only one who can deeply and fully satisfy me. Joy is a deep satisfaction in God and His ways. Pray continually….God has been challenging me greatly with my prayer life this week; in the midst of everything, I need to be continually praying and communicating with God. Giving thanks in all circumstances….God is my Creator and Planner; so I need to be thankful in every circumstance for what God has done or is doing. That includes getting rid of all the anxious thoughts and worries in my life! I find comfort in knowing that God will direct and guide me to knowing what His will is for my life. 
 
I have been having lots of fun at the school this week, especially during my time with the 4th graders! Today as the students came pouring into the classroom they started forming a line to greet me with Chilean kisses. Two 4th grade boys kept going through the line till they were the only ones left.  It was the sweetest thing! What a joy they bring to me! (Above picture of two 4th graders) Last night I made the girls monkey bread and they loved it! They never had anything like it and have been asking for more, but I told them our stomachs can’t handle more for a while! Thank you mom for the recipe! I can’t believe only 4 more weeks left. Please pray for my remaining time here and that God would bless it. Thank you all so much for your support and love!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about your insights, your adventures and your journey. Thanks for so faithfully keeping us a part of what you are doing. I love you and am so glad you are able to have this experience and to be able to insert monkey bread and Allison into their lives!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute kids, I love reading your blog everyday and seeing what God has shown you in every step He is taking you. Keep up the good work and we love you. Mom and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we taste some of that monkey bread when you get back? Prayers for you from Steve and Kristi!

    ReplyDelete